- Regular – PERM for State
- Salary: $18.32 – $31.87 Hourly / $38,101 – $66,296 Annually / This position is a Pay Band 70
- To Apply
Purpose of Position
- THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CONDUCT ONGOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Why does the job exist?
How does it get done?
- Administration of children and youth services programs and budget including the annual summer reading program.
- Present annual summer reading workshops virtually and in person in various public libraries.
- Maintain Hitchhiker blog, and informational service to public libraries and librarians. Also maintains state library social media accounts.
- Provide general library development consulting and makes library site visits statewide.
- Scan the national library scene for current and future library trends.
- Partner with other agencies, institutions, and non-profits to support New Mexico’s children and youth via public libraries.
Who are the customers?
- Masters in Library Science or Information Science Degree.
- Five years of public library experience with a focus on service to children, youth, and families, demonstrating progressive professional development as well as responsibilities.
- Additional preferences include visionary leadership skills, the ability to build productive relationships through political acumen and effectiveness, promoting collaborative partnerships through civic engagement, excellent interpersonal skills (friendly, caring, connected, trustworthy, and empowering), and operational excellence.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association (or recognized by the appropriate body of another country) with two (2) years of experience in performing and providing advanced library technical operations, effective library and information services, plus cataloging experience and managerial experience. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
|1||Master’s degree or higher in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification||AND||2 years of experience|
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of “semester hours” in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications.
- No substitutions apply for semester hours.
- Pre-employment background investigation is required and is conditional pending results.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
Executive Order 2021-066 requires all employees with the State of New Mexico to provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including proof of a booster dose of vaccine by January 17, 2022, or within four weeks of becoming eligible for a booster dose) or proof of a COVID-19 viral test every week.
The Public Health Order (on Vaccination) dated December 2, 2021, requires Congregate Care Facility Workers and Hospital Workers to have received a primary series of vaccination by October 6, 2021, and a booster dose of vaccine by January 17, 2022, or within four weeks of becoming eligible for a booster.
Links to the referenced Executive Order and Public Health Order can be found on the State Personnel Office website homepage: www.spo.state.nm.us
Office setting including extensive computer and telephone usage. Overnight in state travel regularly required. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.)