Los Alamos County Public Library is seeking an experienced, energetic, tech-savvy Senior Librarian to lead the library’s technology efforts and to supervise the technical services unit. Our ideal candidate sees the big picture with the role technology plays in libraries yet also has the skills to troubleshoot a PC.
In this role you will:
- Supervise Technical Services including acquisitions, cataloging and processing activities
- Serve as system administrator for the ILS (SirsiDynix Symphony)
- Oversee and contribute to the library website
- Oversee public computers and circulating technology
- Oversee digital collections
- Support technology needs for programming and grant applications
- Research, evaluate, recommend, test, and implement new technologies
- Maintain knowledge of, and engage in, continuous professional development to keep up with trends in emerging technologies, digital tools, and software solutions
- Serve as liaison to Los Alamos County’s Information Management Division
Under general supervision of the Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager, oversees the operations of one or more specialty library services, and performs a range of complex and specialized library tasks requiring a high level of professional expertise and customer service skills. Provides guidance, leadership, and coordination to library services staff in areas such as circulation, reference, web and electronic services, youth services, systems administration, and materials cataloging, acquisition and processing, community engagement and program development. Participates in the development of operating policies and procedures, systems to maintain records, and quality standards. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science or Library and Information Management or related field.
- Four years’ library experience.
- One Additional year of library experience, including experience managing a budget.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Successful completion of Need to Know training within one year of employment.
- If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
- One year of experience in building and leading teams.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and developing collaborations with outside organizations.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative community-based library programs.
- Demonstrated experience marketing library services including website development.
- Program evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated experience writing and managing grants.
- ILS system administration and database maintenance experience.
- Two years experience working in Technical Services in a Public library.
Salary Range: $61,893 – $91,237.86/yr.
Closing Date: November 12, 2021