The New Mexico State Library’s Bookmobile West is looking for its next Line Manager II
- Job ID: 123917
- Location: Los Lunas
- Agency: Department of Cultural Affairs / New Mexico State Library, Bookmobile West – Los Lunas
- Full/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Sponsored Term
- Job Posting Type: Open Until Filled
- Salary: $18.32 – $31.87 Hourly / $38,101 – $66,296 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 70
Why does the job exist?
- This position is responsible for providing and ensuring quality, tailored, direct public library services for rural New Mexicans. This position will manage, evaluate, and promote the bookmobile program in a multi-county-region. This position supervises two (2) library technicians who assist in providing library services via a 31 + foot bus.
How does it get done?
- Provide quality library services on the Bookmobile to rural patrons using all appropriate and available resources.
- Finance to include proposing an annual budget and overseeing all purchases, deposits and balances in accordance to policies and procedures as well as tracking quarterly statistics.
- Managing and building a library collection based on patron preferences and entering that collection in the Koha system for check out by patrons and tracking of collection.
- Promote marketing and outreach of other programs for rural residents such as Books by Mail and Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Schedules vehicular maintenance and repairs and maintains an ongoing log of work performed and dates.
- Supervise and train staff in submitting per diem forms, making P-card reservations and performing all duties related to providing library services.
Who are the customers?
- Library patrons in Rural New Mexico who access the West Bookmobile
- Experience scheduling, monitoring and maintaining vehicles.
- Financial experience in budgeting programs, ordering books and/or materials, reconciling accounts to source documentation and handling monetary transactions.
- Experience overseeing circulation and resource sharing services in a library.
- Two or more years supervisory experience in a library public service department.
- Financial bookkeeping including the development of budget projections, reviewing and processing bills and maintaining financial records.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of professional level experience operating within limited parameters and guidelines directly related to the purpose of the position defined by the agency at the time of recruitment. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling eight (8) years may substitute for the required education and experience. A hiring agency will designate a portion of the required experience to include supervisory and/or specialized experience. Any required licensure, certification or registration shall be defined at the time of recruitment and will be in addition to the above requirements.
- Pre-employment background investigation is required and is conditional pending results
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Drivers License
- Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
- Office setting, exposure to VDT, extensive personal computer and phone usage.
- On 31+ foot Bookmobile, driving bookmobile on rural roads and highways, climbing, standing, reaching stooping, lifting and carrying books on and off the bus from bookmobile office.
- Computer use, telephone use, extreme temperatures, noise, vibrations, fumes, odors, and dust.
- Overnight travel required.