JOB TITLE: Library Manager
SALARY: $82,943 TO $122,268 / YR. Depending on Education and Experience
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Library
SUPERVISOR: Community Services Director
All newly hired Los Alamos County employees are required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 per the current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) definition as a condition of their employment.
Under limited supervision of the Community Services Director, provides direction and operational management of the County library system, to include planning and organizing workflow, initiating and implementing operating policies and procedures, personnel and budget management, overseeing of library public information activities, evaluation of services, and record maintenance. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, or Library and Information Science.
- Eight years’ experience of library management.
- Four years of management and supervisory experience across all years of job related experience.
- Must possess or have ability to obtain within six months of employment and must maintain New Mexico State Library Certificate.
- Successful completion of the County’s Need to Know training within one year of employment.
- Experience working in a municipal, state or federal library
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Experience working with advisory boards.