For more information and to apply, click here.
Position: Director of Library Services
Location: Arts & Science Education
Salary: Depending On Qualifications
Opening Date: October 6, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Position Summary: The Director Library Services is responsible for administering library services
including planning and development, staff supervision, procurement of books, periodicals and
electronic databases and resources. The Director must exercise strong leadership, supervisory, and
technical skills that balance the needs for electronic, virtual resources for distance education and for
books, periodicals and physical resources that create an appropriate learning and resource
environment for students, faculty and staff, and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to library services, manage and coordinate the acquisition of materials and
resources; research and analyze technological library resources in support of the college
mission; purchase books and other library resources; assist faculty with the selection and
purchase of appropriate materials and resources.
• Evaluate effectiveness of existing services; identify, create and implement new and/or
improved services; develop, implement and manage library policies and procedures; advocate
Library needs to College Administration; promote library services to students, faculty and staff.
• Promote a customer service focused environment to respond to patron needs; proactively
assist students, faculty and staff with research problems; mediate problems/concerns with
library patrons and/or staff.
• Supervise library staff; complete performance evaluations; promote a cohesive library
workforce who provide friendly professional assistance to all users; promote innovation and
creativity among staff; work in conjunction with Success Center staff to serve students
• Participate actively with college faculty and staff to select appropriate materials to update
existing library collections; work with library staff to develop physical and electronic library
• Manage the department budget; oversee expenditures, plan for and recommend new
programs, physical facility needs, staffing requirements, and other related matters; review
library related vendor contracts.
• Stay current on future trends and initiate procedures to adjust to the changing role of libraries;
maintain current knowledge of technological developments in the library sciences; keep
abreast of professional developments by attending conferences, seminars, and workshops and
reading appropriate professional literature.
• Support student learning by providing administrative leadership to create a supportive
learning environment aligned with the College’s strategic plan through research guidance
and/or instruction and development of an information resource collection.
1. Master’s degree in Library and Information Science.
2. Two or more years professional library experience.
3. Strong information technology skills including knowledge of and comfort with educational technologies, such as presentation and collaboration tools, web course management software, library management systems, discovery applications, and effective search strategies.
4. Familiarity with information literacy instruction, including curriculum development and assessment, teaching in large and small group settings, and using a wide range of educational technologies inside and outside of the classroom.
5. Strong writing, speaking, presenting, and interpersonal skills in person and online.
1. Five or more years professional library experience.
2. Community college library experience.
3. Two or more years supervisory experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a non-smoking environment.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the “Apply” link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application: www.roswell.enmu.edu Required Documents: Letter of Interest Resume / Curriculum vitae Transcripts (Unofficial or Official. Scanned/PDF transcripts only; Copy and Paste transcripts will not be considered.)