The New Mexico State Library is accepting applications for Deputy State Librarian.
Posting End Date: THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CONDUCT ONGOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Why does the job exist?
How does it get done?
- The Deputy State Librarian works closely with the State Librarian to set long term strategic direction and yearly priorities for stakeholder engagement, partnership development and support for the state’s libraries of all types, and to develop effective plans to ensure successful outcomes.
- Works with the Library Services and Technology Act ( LSTA) Coordinator, Bookmobile managers, and the Regional Librarian for the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled to ensure high quality library services are being provided to all New Mexicans, following all state and federal requirements and staying within state and federal budgets.
- Oversees filing of relevant state and federal reports, and ensures processing of financial paperwork, including federal draws, travel reimbursements, purchase orders, and invoices.
- It oversees the maintenance of bookmobile vehicles and the purchase of new vehicles.
- Backup for all Human Resources, Administration, and Accounting roles, and does grant writing as needed.
Who are the customers?
- Masters in Library Science (or equivalent) with at least five years of professional library experience.
Management and supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team to accomplish shared goals.
- Experience supporting formal and informal education, with an emphasis on literacy.
Grant writing experience.
- Budget experience.
Experience working with and managing federal programs.
Experience with State of New Mexico accounting systems and processes, especially SHARE
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
|1||High School Diploma or Equivalent||AND||14 years of experience|
|2||Associate’s degree||AND||12 years of experience|
|3||Bachelor’s degree||AND||10 years of experience|
|4||Master’s degree||AND||8 years of experience|
|5||PhD degree||AND||6 years of experience|
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of “semester hours” in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
- Pre-employment background investigation is required and is conditional pending results.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License. Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.