They are looking for young poets and writers to perform original work at the upcoming, free Community Day in celebration of the exhibition Poetic Justice: Judith F. Baca, Mildred Howard, and Jaune Quick-to-See-Smith, on view at the MoA through June 19, 2022.
- Be 25 years old or younger
- Live in New Mexico
- Perform original work
- Email intent to participate by May 6, 2022
- Email written word piece by May 15, 2022
- We strongly encourage the written work to be inspired by some form of art (visual, music, dance, film, performance, etc.).
- If you are interested in participating, we ask that you email Amanda Formby, Amanda.Formby@state.nm.us
The event takes place on Saturday May 28, 2022 from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM in the St. Francis Auditorium at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe.
We do not want to censor anyone’s voice, but we will not accept any hate speech or incitement of any violent or dangerous activity.
This event can be seen in person or streamed over YouTube Live.
Please send any questions to Amanda Formby at the email provided above.
This event is one portion of a full day of events, including a Panel Discussion with Poetic Justice artists and poetry readings by exhibition poets at 10:30 AM and a Library & Archives Open House featuring materials related to the interaction of poetry and art in New Mexico.