Placitas Community Library (PCL), a 501(c)(3) organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Library Director.
Placitas is a cohesive community 20 minutes from Albuquerque, nestled in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. PCL is one of the community hubs, providing traditional library services and hosting many community and social activities. The Library’s activities are sustained by over 90 recent and longtime volunteers dedicated to its objectives. Our Library Director is the administrative head and provides leadership for all operational functions of PCL.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences from a school accredited by the American Library Association
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in library administration, or the equivalent experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in a humanities field
- Strong commitment to the mission and philosophy of public library experience and to the Placitas community
- Excellent leadership, organizational and management skills
- Experience in coordinating and managing a large cadre of volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and technological skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Flexible work schedule is available.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org