Under the sponsorship of the New Mexico Library Foundation, national library consultant Penny Hummel is conducting an assessment of New Mexico’s diverse libraries this spring. The goal of the project is to identify the current state of the New Mexico school, public, tribal, academic and special library sectors.
Fin If you are the “person in charge” of your library (including solo librarians in a school setting), here are three ways you can help make this project a success:
- Fill out an online survey. In early May, we will be going live with an online survey designed specifically for library directors and leaders of all New Mexico libraries.
If you lead a New Mexico library, watch your inbox in early May for the link to the survey, and be sure to complete it. We need your input!
- Attend a focus group. Penny Hummel will be conducting three focus groups across the state for library directors, leaders and others who fill a management role in their library:
- Monday, May 9: LAS CRUCES: Thomas Branigan Memorial Library (200 E. Picacho), 2:30 – 4 pm
- Wednesday, May 11: ALBUQUERQUE: Albuquerque High School Library (800 Odelia Road), 3 – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, May 12: FARMINGTON: San Juan College (4601 College Blvd.), 2:30 – 4 pm
If you like to reserve your space in a focus group, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which one you prefer.
- Help promote three upcoming community conversations. To gather input from the public, Penny will also be conducting three public forums across the state, which will be open to everyone:
- Monday, May 9: LAS CRUCES: Thomas Branigan Memorial Library (200 E. Picacho), 6 – 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 11: ALBUQUERQUE: Erna Fergusson Library (3700 San Mateo Blvd NE), 6 – 7:30 pm
- Thursday, May 12: FARMINGTON: Farmington Public Library (2101 Farmington Avenue), 6:30 – 8 pm
This assessment offers exceptional opportunity for New Mexico’s libraries to provide comprehensive input about their current and future needs. You can find out more about the project on the New Mexico Library Foundation’s website.
If you have any questions, contact researcher Penny Hummel (email@example.com), Carol Hoover, chair of the board of trustees of the New Mexico Library Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Thank you so much!