Everyday this week for National Library Week, we’re introducing you to the different departments of the New Mexico State Library.
Public Services Bureau
- We are the public face of the New Mexico State Library, providing service to libraries from 8:00 to 5:00 and to the public from 1:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday
- We provide statewide resources and services to New Mexicans anytime, anywhere in the state via El Portal
- We provide interlibrary loan service for small libraries around the state and to the incarcerated
- We oversee the New Mexico State Government Publications Depository program and collection
- We are a regional depository for the state of New Mexico in the Federal Depository Library Program
- We maintain a library and information science professional collection
- We are a coordinating agency for the State Data Center in New Mexico
- We maintain a Southwest history and culture collection
- We are a Foundation Center Funding Information Network partner providing grant information to New Mexicans
- We coordinate the New Mexico Letters About Literature annual competition
- We coordinate the annual participation of New Mexico at the National Book Festival
Please let us know how we can help!
- Circulation Desk: (505) 476-9700
- Interlibrary Loan: (505) 476-9716; NMSLInterlibraryLoan@state.nm.us