See full description at https://www.santafenm.gov/job_opportunities/detail/2019-cs5
The Library Services Director manages library services of the Main Library, Branch Libraries, or Technical Services. Participates in the planning and evaluation of system-wide policies, procedures and programs. Responsible for overseeing library facilities, budget, databases, personnel and day to day services. In the absence of the Library Division Director, may be asked to be in charge of the library system.
Additional essential functions for assignment in Technical Services:
- Manages system-wide Technical Services including acquisitions, bibliographic control, physical processing, and database maintenance. Enhances efficiency and maintains quality through staff development, use of technology, outsourcing, networking and cooperation with other libraries and institutions. Tracks and reports on library materials budgets.
- Cataloging- performs original, copy, and reclassify cataloging of all formats of library materials. Follows RDA, Bibliographic Formats and Standards for MARC, LCSH, Dewey 23, and local classifications. Uses, administers, and troubleshoots OCLC account. Oversees authority control and database maintenance.
- Library Technology – Works closely with Library Management Team on database and e-resource evaluation. . Works with Library Systems Manager on administering related Sierra modules on the Integrated Library System.
- Statistical reporting – works on annual reports, completes surveys and reports for state and national library benchmarking.
- Works with Library Management Team to coordinate and delegate the Library Collection Development plan system-wide.
- Collaborates with Library Management Team on accessibility of library materials for the public.
Questions may be directed to Jeffrey Donlan, Interim Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-955-6788.