LIBRARY JOURNAL has recently released its annual listing of Star Libraries. Five of those libraries are located in New Mexico — a good representation coming from a state with fewer than 100 public libraries (not counting the branches).
Our five Star Libraries are:
- Pueblo of Isleta Public Library — Nathaniel Lujan, Director
- Columbus Village Library — Laura Harron, Director
- Estancia Public Library — Angela Creamer, Director
- Fred Macaron Library (Springer) — Norma Vigil, Director
- Tularosa Public Library — Linda Vigil, Director
CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE DIRECTORS, and THEIR STAFF and/or VOLUNTEERS — all of whom set the tone for a successful library.
CONGRATULATIONS to their COMMUNITIES in supporting their libraries!
How are these libraries chosen? Expenditure category peer comparisons are the critical criteria; for the Star Libraries by expenditure category, please go to The Star Libraries page provided by the Journal.
The full article can be found at http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2017/12/managing-libraries/lj-index/class-of-2017/all-the-stars-2017-state-by-state