The New Mexico State Library invites your library to “Get Outside the Lines” this September. The week-long (Sept. 14-20) national campaign aims to celebrate – and get people talking about – libraries by showcasing their relevancy and the numerous new ways people can engage in their communities through library services today.
Outside the Lines is a weeklong celebration demonstrating the creativity and innovation happening in libraries. Whether your organization is large or small, a school library or a public library, you can participate by hosting at least one event or campaign that:
- Gets people thinking – and talking – about libraries in a different way
- Showcases the library out in the community as well as in the library
- Highlights how your library is relevant to people’s lives
- Represents your local community
- Is active versus passive – gets people engaged
- Is extraordinary and unexpected
- Most importantly, is fun!
Outside the Lines gives participating organizations access to public relations resources including logos and press release templates which you can use to promote your campaign or event.
Visit getoutsidethelines.org and register your library today (you can sign up now, and hammer out the specifics of activation later). Let’s represent New Mexico by adding our libraries to the list of participating organizations and showing off our creativity!
Happy creative campaigning!