Eastern New Mexico University is hiring a Public Services Librarian/Cataloger, with review of applications to begin immediately.
Position Summary: Under limited direction, plan, develop, and direct the library’s bibliographic data control systems, a comprehensive program for acquiring cataloging, processing the library collection, and supervise computerized systems for accessing the collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the authority control system of the library
• Supervise, train, and evaluate staff who perform cataloging and technical processing operations
• Perform original cataloging and input information into the On-Line Catalog Library Center (OCLC)
• Work with faculty of assigned disciplines in developing subject areas of the collection
• Provide reference service to library patrons as needed
• Supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Provide research/library literacy instruction to classes and groups as requested
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements: A master’s degree in Library Science and a minimum of two years experience directly related to the duties specified is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of all facets of library operations
• Capability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
• Ability to plan, organize, and oversee the operations of an information service activity
• Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
• Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions
• Efficiently interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities