For more information and to apply, click here.
POSITION TITLE: Technical Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Library Director
PAY SCALE: E-9 (Exempt)
POSITION SUMMARY: Catalogs library materials and oversees processing of library materials and repair tasks. Works with collection development staff, vendors, and accounting to ensure smooth order placement and cancellations when required, and invoicing/payment of orders. Oversees the interlibrary loan process and serves as the Records Custodian for the Library ensuring the proper retention schedules for all records. Assists the Library Director in the budgeting process and supervises one employee assigned to assists with the above-listed tasks.
SPECIFIC CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
EDUCATION – MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma/GED
Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s in Library or Information Science preferred
EXPERIENCE – MINIUM REQUIREMENTS:
Two years of customer service experience, one year of general library experience, experience using MS Office, internet searching, and e-mail.
Two years of experience in library technical services and acquisitions preferred; one year of cataloging experience preferred; one year library supervisory experience preferred; experience with OCLC and ILS cataloging functions preferred.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS – MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to learn the library’s ILS and OCLC cataloging functions; ability to work in a team environment where consultation, flexibility, creativity, collaboration and cooperation are essential; ability to organize tasks and meet deadlines; excellent customer service skills; good writing and report skills; demonstrated flexibility and initiative; working knowledge of common computer applications; ability to pass drug and alcohol tests.
- Places orders for library materials and supplies; ensures smooth order placement and receipt, cancellations when required, and invoicing/payment of orders
- Catalogs books
- Assists with collection development
- Oversees processing of new materials and repair tasks and ILL
- Supervises library technician
- Track materials funds against budgets for multiple accounts
- Manages annual subscription renewal process
- Maintains statistical data
- Participates in circulation and reference desk rotation as needed and other duties as assigned
Library environment. Requires working Saturdays and evenings. May be required to work more than 8 hours a day or 40 hours per week. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- (L) 5 8 12 13