JOB TITLE: Librarian
LOCATION: Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Phillips Research Site (PRS) Technical Library located on Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: The Librarian position includes the full range of librarian duties and requires the ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of staff and library customers. The Librarian must be able to think analytically and have effective verbal and written communication skills. The Librarian must have demonstrated experience of strong customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides reference services at the level of mediation requested by the customer to include referral to other base and DoD programs, and active participation in consortia, networks, resource sharing and cooperative Will use available regional or national DoD sponsored bibliographic databases.
- Conducts database literature searches using appropriate commercial databases and open literature sources, documenting the search results for the requesting
- Assists in collection development & maintenance activities, including
- Provides scheduled daily coverage of the point of service desk with the ability to conduct basic circulation duties.
- Maintains and manages the integrated library system (ILS).
- Instructs customers in the use of library
- Participates in marketing and outreach
- Assists with Document delivery service (DDS) and Interlibrary Loan services when
- Utilizes knowledge of digitization methodology and electronic resources management best practices.
- Assists in maintaining library web presence, to include
- Maintains relationships with electronic resources
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program
- Minimum of one year experience in scientific or technical libraries
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
JOB TITLE: Librarian
E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (OHS} Form 1-9 will be verified through the OHS “E-Verify” system. Federal Law requires MCH to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment.
MCH Corporation is an E-Verify Participant.
MCH Solutions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit all resumes to email@example.com .