For more information and to apply, click here.
JOB TITLE: Sr. Librarian
JOB CODE: 315
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Library
SUPERVISOR: Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager
Los Alamos County Public Library System is looking for a dynamic, innovative librarian to be our Community Engagement Librarian. This newly created senior level position leads our efforts to develop community partnerships and develop innovative programs and services to meet community needs.
The Los Alamos County Library System welcomes applicants with public library experience, strong interpersonal and communications skills, and experience building multi-partner collaborations. The Community Engagement Librarian will collaborate with others to identify community needs, develop strategic programming goals and evaluate programs for effectiveness. This librarian will develop and lead the programming team, supervise one staff and volunteers, write and manage grants, and market library programs and services including managing the library website and overseeing the library’s social media presence.
Los Alamos County is a small community that possesses a world-wide reputation for scientific and technological development. Community life features small-town living with friendly neighbors, low crime and an excellent school system. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound, with plenty of hiking and biking trails, skiing at the local Pajarito Ski Resort, and visits to nearby Valles Caldera National Preserve and Bandelier National Monument.
Under general supervision of the Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager, oversees the operations of one or more specialty library services, and performs a range of complex and specialized library tasks requiring a high level of professional expertise and customer service skills. Provides guidance, leadership, and coordination to library services staff in areas such as circulation, reference, web and electronic services, youth services, systems administration, and materials cataloging, acquisition and processing, community engagement and program development. Participates in the development of operating policies and procedures, systems to maintain records, and quality standards. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library, Library and Information Science, Humanities or a related field.
• Four years’ library experience.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment physical exam prior to commencing work.
• Successful completion of Need to Know training within one year of employment.
• If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Additional Qualifications for Sr. Librarian:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science or Library and Information Management or related field.
• One Additional year of library experience, including experience managing a budget.
• Two years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, or Library and Information Science, or related field.
• One year of experience in building and leading teams.
• Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Additional Preferred Qualifications for Sr. Librarian:
• Demonstrated experience in community engagement and developing collaborations with outside organizations.
• Demonstrated experience developing innovative community-based library programs.
• Demonstrated experience marketing library services including website development.
• Program evaluation experience.
• Demonstrated experience writing and managing grants.
• ILS system administration and database maintenance experience.
Code : 21022-1
Type : INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Posting Start : 07/24/2020
Posting End : 08/26/2020