Senior Librarian E16
Salary: $49,129.60 – $58,572.80 Annually
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Cultural Services
Job Number: 1600578
Closing: 3/16/2016 11:59 PM Mountain
- Position Summary
- Lead, oversee and participate in the more complex and difficult work of staff responsible for providing a wide variety of public services to library patrons and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
- Master’s degree with major course work in library or information science from an American Library Association (ALA) certified institution, plus three (3) years library patron service or cataloging experience to include one (1) year designing and maintaining a complex interactive website. Designing and maintaining a complex interactive website in an academic, public or special library, bookstore environment preferred.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Principles and practices of library circulation and reference resources including electronic resources
- Local, regional and national information resources and retrieval systems
- Principles and practices of an integrated library system (ILS)
- Principles and practices of marketing and outreach
- Methods and techniques of web design and on-line services
- Methods and techniques of system-wide training
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- City of Albuquerque
400 Marquette N.W.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87103.
- 505 768-3700