Job posting and details can be found at: https://jobs.sfcc.edu/postings/2522
|Working Title||Reference and Instruction Librarian|
|Job Summary/Basic Function||Performs professional librarian duties related to the operations of the Santa Fe Community College library. Must be committed to serving a diverse college community. Actively participates in and contributes to continuous quality improvement.|
|Minimum Qualifications||• Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA accredited university.
• Two (2) years’ professional librarian experience.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Experience in an academic library.
• Experience with a wide range of electronic resources, i.e., library databases, integrated library systems, social media outreach.
• Experience creating and maintaining web pages.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||• Knowledge of professional library and information sciences principles, practices and standards.
Knowledge of ACRL information literacy standards
Knowledge of curriculum design for information literacy.
• Knowledge of modern methodologies, techniques and terminology used in professional library and information sciences.
• Knowledge of standard reference materials used in the retrieval of information.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to provide quality customer services.
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||PLEASE NOTE: When classes are in session this position will work evenings, Monday-Thursday, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm. During interim periods, hours will be standard Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.|
|Pay Range||$39,563 – $59,345|
|Physical Demands||• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
• The work is typically performed in a library or office.
|Responsibility/Duty||Performs the duties of the Reference and Instruction Librarian:
-assumes primary teaching responsibility for library instruction sessions across campus;
|Responsibility/Duty||Performs the duties of an SFCC librarian:
-assists users (faculty, staff, and students of the college as well as community members) in locating and utilizing needed materials and information;