For more information click here.
Date: May 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Public Services Technician
Department: Library Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Rate: $ 13.46 – 14.50
SUMMARY: The public services technician is a paraprofessional who coordinates weekly library staff schedules, ensuring the library service desk(s) are covered during open hours. The public services technician is responsible for assisting with the hiring, orienting, training, and supervising of student employees. This position works collaboratively to manage, promote, and assess the library’s web presence. The public services technician will assist with both technical and user services and will work on special projects as assigned by the Library Director. The incumbent in this position will work under the direct supervision of the Library Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and administer library staff schedules, ensuring library service desks(s) are covered with consistent staffing during open hours of operation.
• Assist with the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of student employees in conjunction with library needs.
• Assist with administrative maintenance of web-based library resources including the library CMS, product interoperability, and mobile applications.
• Maintain and develop library web content that fosters usability and positive user experience (UX) across all platforms.
• Work with the Library Director to perform troubleshooting for computer software and electronic resources.
• Work with the Library Director and faculty to develop and maintain online research guides that support the curriculum as well as resource instruction.
• Help patrons’ access information through the use of the online catalog, the library website, library databases, and other search engines.
• Provide library orientations, instructional sessions, and reference services as needed.
• Aid in the assessment of library spaces in order to make informed decisions based on student needs and future innovations.
• Address and resolve complaints from patrons and/or staff, or forward to the supervisor or senior library staff member, as necessary.
• Maintain library operations in the absence of the Director, which may include opening and closing the facility.
• Assist in maintaining a cooperative, friendly, and productive environment for learning, studying, and collaboration inside the library facility.
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Director.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associate degree.
• Six months’ library public services experience.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Three years’ library experience.
• Experience working with library platforms and databases.
• Experience working with a CMS, digital asset management system, and/or html code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of library techniques, procedures, and working tools used in circulation, reference, and web development.
• Ability to mentor, train, and supervise student employees.
• Exhibit strong organizational skills.
• Ability to efficiently use a personal computer and applicable software, and a curiosity to explore other technology solutions in order to successfully perform the essential job functions of the position.
• Assist with special library projects and public relations activities.
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and library patrons.
• Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
• Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
• Ability to gather and use evidence and data to inform decisions.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and work as part of a team.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in order to provide input on how to apply policies and procedures to specific situations.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance within college expectations.
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 30 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Bending, reaching, reaching overhead, stooping, and kneeling.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment. Positon is required to work odd hours (weekends and evenings).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) resume, 2) names, email addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER