EASTERN NEW MEXICO UNIVERSITY invites applications for the position of: Public Relations Librarian
OPENING DATE: 03/19/18
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Position Summary: Responsible for updating, maintaining and growing the Golden Student Services Center’s social media presence, in addition to providing some basic library services. The GSSC is an innovative facility developed to be the destination on campus where students interact with their peers, faculty and university administrators, receiving support needed for each individual’s success. It is the home of the Golden Library, Distance Learning department, and multiple Student Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of marketing including website, social media and other platforms
- Creates digital and analog audiovisual formats (YouTube, videos, interactive maps etc.)
- Manages digital content within the facility
Collaborates with staff on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and any other appropriate medium)
- Coordinates marketing, promotion, public relations, etc. with the community and various campus departments
- Develops social media strategies and marketing tactics, tracking and reporting initiatives for any needed modifications
- Keeps abreast of marketing and social media trends in business and marketing
- Provides bibliographic and research instruction, keeping current with user trends
- Provides reference services to students and faculty, staying abreast of research methods and content
- Works with faculty of assigned departments in developing subject areas of the collection
- Supervises student employees working with graphics, social media content, etc. for the GSSC
- Follows campus events as necessary to curate the social media calendar and content
Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Education or related field and an MLS, MLIS or other library related degree, and one year of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to show examples of previous work in above fields.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office and learn various graphic platforms.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.enmu.edu/about/employment-and-hr/employment-opportunities