For more details and to apply click here.
City Of Gallup
Job Title: Library Supervisor
Reports To: Library Director or Designee
FLSA Designation: Non Exempt
Rate of Pay: $33,824.00 – $36,650.00
Closes on: October 2, 2018 at 11:59 PM MST
MINIMUM REQURED QUALIFICATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED.)
- Associate’s Degree in Library Science or related field, OR Library II Certification with a minimum of Seven (7) years library experience.
- Valid driver’s License, Must meet City’s insurability requirements.
- Must pass a background check
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Library Science or information related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The Library Supervisor does professional work. This position orients, trains and supervises public service library staff, inclusive of scheduling hours, submitting payroll records, and assisting in the hiring, interviewing, and evaluating of library employees. Assists the Deputy Director in collecting, preparing, filing and maintaining accurate records on purchase orders, requisitions, library invoices and payments made for the library, including monthly financial reports. Reviews, selects, and makes recommendations in the purchase of library materials. Supports the Library Director and Deputy Director in preparing financial, circulation and inventory reports on a monthly and annual basis; and is responsible for community programming and scheduling of the meeting room. The Library Supervisor assists in planning and evaluating the library’s goals and objectives. In the absence of the Director and Librarian(s) is in charge of the library. Evening and weekend hours are required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED EXCERCISED:
Though constant supervision should not be required, work may be reviewed in process or at completion of the task. Will supervise subordinate staff as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records reflecting utilization and uses the information in preparing monthly and annual reports
- Prepare payroll, responsible for timecards and timesheet accuracy and maintains records
- Prepare staff working schedules, both hours and shifts
- Assist in the hiring, interviewing, orientation and evaluating of public service library employees
- Supervise the Library’s public services staff orientation process and staff as assigned
- Supervise circulation functions, reserves, inter-library loan (ILL) services, vertical files and other special collections
- Assist the Deputy Director in collecting, preparing, filing and maintaining accurate records on purchase records, requisitions, and library invoices; checks invoices to ensure that billing and goods received information is correct
- Prepare invoices for payment in the absence of the Deputy Director
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reports
- Review, select, and make recommendations in the purchase of library materials Prepare circulation and inventory reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Assist in planning and implementing adult programming and perform outreach activities
- Assist library users with reference questions, use of the computers and locating materials
- Responsible for meeting room scheduling
- Help establish and maintain a high customer service performance standard
- Serve as role model for exemplary proactive customer service
- Acknowledge complaints and problems and resolves them within areas of authority
- Maintain an awareness of library trends
- Night and weekend work is required
- Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of library services and functions
- Knowledge of library terminology
- Understanding of library material classification
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision and take initiative to work successfully execute work responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrated passion for public services and public contact
- Ability to work in a pleasant and effective manner with customers, co-workers, other agencies and departments
- Ability to effectively work a diverse community, including but not limited to people of all ages, people with disabilities, and people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed and/or involved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to prepare accurate monthly financial reports
- Ability to do monthly financial report
- Ability to supervise, schedule staff, handle the timesheets and fill out the payroll time report
- Ability to handle all invoices, checks them against shipping orders, and prepares invoices for payment
- Ability to select, order, and catalog materials for addition to the collection
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Is subject to long hours, including evenings and weekends. Work performed in a job induced emotional and mental stress setting. The noise level in moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools or controls. Required to stand, sit, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl talk and hear. Is subject to long hours, including evenings and weekends.
Work is performed in a job induced emotional and mental stress setting. The noise level is moderate to loud. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
This position description does not constitute and employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.