More information and to apply, click here.
JOB TITLE: Library Specialist (Adult Services)
JOB CODE: 319
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Library
SUPERVISOR: Sr. Librarian, Librarian or Designee
Under general supervision of the Sr. Librarian, Librarian or designee, performs library tasks including providing customer service throughout the library at multiple service points, including acquisitions, cataloging, bibliographic maintenance, sorting and delivering of materials, data entry and public service required to provide the public with orderly and helpful access to library materials. Provides classification/copy and original cataloging of a variety of library materials. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
Public Services (Adult Services, Operations, Youth Services and White Rock):
• Provides reference services, using proficiency in specialized indexes, reference sources, and on-line databases.
• Assists patrons in finding information effectively and efficiently using electronic resources.
• Instructs patrons on how to use readers’ advisory sources, on-line catalogs, self-check stations, and electronic databases.
• Provides assistance to educational providers by locating materials and helping to complete special projects.
• Guides patrons in finding and using library resources, including reference materials, audiovisual equipment, computers, and electronic resources.
• Assists patrons with access to internet services.
• Troubleshoots public access computers and other public-use equipment.
• Develops and conducts children’s programs and other specialized programs.
• Compiles bibliographies and prepares abstracts on subjects of interest to particular organizations or groups.
• Works one-on-one with library patrons and recommends library materials.
• Takes actions to halt disruption of library activities by problem patrons.
• Continues to learn and develop skills for using existing and emerging library technologies and instructing patrons on their usage.
• Assists patrons with their access to a variety of downloadable materials including eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, etc.
• Develops promotional materials, visits community groups and organizations, and speaks with library patrons to promotes library collection, services, and programs.
• Develops, organizes, promotes, markets, schedules, implements and evaluates programs and events.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, Humanities or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Two years of library-related experience, which may include: working in a bookstore or library; with collections in a museum or educational setting; computerized research on-line or using databases; teaching or training experience.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment physical exam prior to commencing work.
• If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or related field.
• Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Code : 21043-1
Type : INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Posting Start : 09/25/2020
Posting End : 10/13/2020