To apply, click here.
Martha Liebert Public Library
Town of Bernalillo
Recruitment Period: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Location: Bernalillo, New Mexico
Job Status: Full time/Permanent
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The successful candidate will be a leader who can inspire staff, encourage teamwork, and be open to new ideas. This individual should be visionary, aware of the needs of the communities served by the library but also willing to take the next steps to ensure that the library continues to remain vibrant and a leader in public library services.
Nature of Work (other duties may be assigned):
- Plans and administers program of library services by performing the following duties▪Submits recommendations on library policies and services as developed with the Library Board,to the administration of the Town.
- Coordinates activities for the Town library.
- Analyzes and coordinates departmental budget estimates and controls expenditures to administer approved budget.▪Reviews and evaluates orders for books and audio visual materials.
- Examines trade publications and materials, interviews publishers’ representatives, and consults with others to select materials.
- Delivers book reviews and lectures to publicize library activities and services.▪Develops and executes library public relations services.
- Examines and selects materials to be discarded, repaired, or replaced.
- Responsible for writing and submitting Monthly Reports to Administration; General Obligation (GO)Bond Reimbursements; State Strategic Plan, Collection Development Plan, and Community Assessment Plan; State Annual Report.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University plus two (2) years of Library experience
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited School is preferred but not required.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a State Librarian’s Certificate I, within six (6) months of employment.
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology and programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board and community
Conditions of Employment:
Must possess and maintain a valid NM Driver License free of serious infractions.
Work is performed in an office setting.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume,and three professional references. Please submit resume and application by mail or in person to:
Human Resources Generalist
P.O. Box 638
Bernalillo, New Mexico 87004
Or by fax at