Library Development Bureau Chief (DCA #4801)
- $50,897.60 – $88,524.80 Annually $24.47 – $42.56 Hourly $50,897.60 – $88,524.80 Annually
- Santa Fe (City), NM Santa Fe (City), NM
- Job Type
- Permanent Position
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Job Number
- 1/12/2017 11:59 PM Mountain
- Job Description
- NEOGOV is currently working on a system update for applicants who use screen readers. If you are applying with a screen reader and need assistance, please contact Andrea Rivera-Smith @ 505-695-5606.
Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience section of your application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience section prior to submitting your application. For more information please visit our website: Employment with the State of New Mexico
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for managing the work of the Library Development Bureau (a team of four positions, along with the two employees of the Tribal Library program) and to provide support to public and tribal libraries and public library services for all New Mexicans. This position is responsible for performing budget, accounting, and audit functions. The position is responsible for management, as well as to ensure the continuances of existing programs of the bureau (summer reading program, GO Bonds, state aid, tribal library program, librarian certification, library statistics, youth services and continuing education) and to create new programs that benefit both public and tribal libraries in New Mexico. This position also is responsible for updating regulations governing public and tribal libraries in New Mexico.
Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science or Information Science from a college of university accredited by the American Library Association.
Due to the available budget allocated for this position, the hiring rate will not exceed $33.51 per hour.
This position is a Pay Band 85.
- Classification Description
- Administrative Operations Manager II
- Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years of professional level experience with a light strategic impact directly related to the purpose of the position defined by the agency at the time of recruitment. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling twelve (12) years may substitute for the required education and experience. A hiring agency will designate a portion of the required experience to include management, supervisory and/or specialized experience. Any required licensure, certification or registration shall be defined at the time of recruitment and will be in addition to the above requirements.
Employment is subject to a pre-employment background investigation and is conditional pending results. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License. Must obtain and maintain a current Defensive Driving Certificate from the state of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
If a Statutory Requirement is associated with a position in this Manager Category, it will apply.
- Supplemental Information
Do you know what Total Compensation is?
Ability to lift over 25lbs, occasional bending, lifting, standing, reaching, the ability to use personal computer and sit for long periods at a time, frequent in-state travel with occasional overnight stays and occasional out-of-state travel.Conditions of Employment:
Working Conditions for individual positions in this Manager Category Level will vary based on each agency’s utilization, essential functions, and the recruitment needs at the time a vacancy is posted. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.Default FLSA Status:
Exempt. FLSA status may be determined to be different at the agency level based on the agency’s utilization of the position.
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining unit.
Agency Contact Information:
LaNelle Haught (505) 476-9783 or email: LaNelle.Haught@state.nm.us
Link to Agency:
Applicant Help/How to Apply: