University of New Mexico College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
The University of New Mexico College of University Libraries and Learning Sciences (CUL&LS) seeks a collaborative, service-oriented, and innovative Humanities Librarian to support a dynamic library system with a strong outreach and instruction program. This is a full-time, 12-month tenure track faculty position. The desired start date is Fall 2019. The annual salary is negotiable based on qualifications and includes full benefits.
As part of Learning & Outreach Services in the University Libraries, the Humanities Librarian will:
- Serve as the Libraries’ specialist for the humanities, focusing on instruction, research assistance, and collection development for departments including History, Classical Studies, American Studies, Philosophy, Religion, and the Honors College;
- Proactively build relationships and partnerships with students, faculty, and staff in the undergraduate and graduate humanities programs;
- Both collaboratively and independently design, implement, and assess library instructional services, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning opportunities, instruction sessions and workshops, and other approaches with specific attention to the methodologies used by humanities scholars;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with UL&LS colleagues, employing communication, organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills;
- Work with campus partners and library colleagues to design, implement, and assesses library instruction and outreach services and activities;
- Work collaboratively to implement approaches, services, systems, and strategies to engage with scholars during all phases of the research process: research design, discovery, analysis, and publication;
- Keep current with emerging information and instructional technologies, facilitating new uses of humanities research, e-scholarship, and digital tools;
- Work to meet scholarship and service requirements for promotion and tenure;
- Participate in faculty governance as detailed in the UNM Faculty Handbook.
- Working some evenings and weekends is required.
The CUL&LS integrates the UNM values of Academic Freedom, Diversity Within the Academic Community, Creativity and Initiative, Excellence, Integrity and Professionalism, and Access and Student Success into all we do. As identified in the CUL&LS strategic plan, we strive to be “a leader in imagining, creating, and realizing the 21st century academic research library and university.”
To apply: Applicants must apply online. Visit the UNMJobs website at http://unmjobs.unm.edu/ . Humanities Librarian link – req8923 https://unm.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=8923&site=14
Instructions: Please prepare the following documents: CV, Cover Letter addressing each Minimum and Preferred Qualification, Statement of Teaching, and a list of three professional references including email and phone contact information. Questions may be directed to Leah Boetger, search coordinator, at email@example.com.
Deadline: The search will remain open until the position is filled. For best consideration, complete applications must be received through the UNMJobs website no later than June 5, 2019.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.