CC Librarian, Lg
New Mexico State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, NMSU does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, retaliation, serious medical condition, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, spousal affiliation or protected veteran status in its program or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Executive Director, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, Office of Institutional Equity, P.O. Box 30001, E. 1130 University Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88003; 575.646.3635; 575.646.7802 (TTY) firstname.lastname@example.org.
NMSU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate form or to request an accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity, O’Loughlin House, 1130 E. University Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88003; 575.646.3635; 575.646.7802 (TTY) email@example.com. (8/2017 version)
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
The electronic application is the *official* document that will be used to qualify applicants. Paper/email documents will not be accepted. Required documents must be attached to this application.
|Department Contact Name||Yvette Benitiz|
|Department Contact Phone||575-527-7552|
|Department Contact Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Classification Title||CC Librarian,III|
|Position Job Title||CC Librarian, Lg|
|College/Division||DACC Dona Ana CC|
|Department||940760-DACC Library and Media Ctr|
|Internal or External Search||External – Open to all applicants|
|Appointment Full-time Equivalency||1.00|
|Reports To Position Title||CC Dir, Library Svcs, Lg|
|Target Hourly/Salary Rate||41,000 Target entry to commensurate with qualifications.|
|Recruitment Summary||Dona Ana Community College (DACC) is a comprehensive, learning-centered community college dedicated to a diverse population of learners in support of student success, workforce and economic development and lifelong learning. Established in 1973 at the request of the Gadsden, Hatch and Las Cruces school boards, DACC continues to meet the educational needs of county residents by providing instruction leading to associate degrees and technical certificates as well as community and adult education opportunities. As the second largest community college in the state, DACC offers accessible and affordable higher education opportunities to more than 18,000 students annually with eight learning sites county-wide. As part of New Mexico State University, DACC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.|
|Job Duties and Responsibilities||• Assist with supervision and provision of all aspects of library operations, including public services, reference, circulation, reserves, and inter/intra-library loan (using integrated library system) for two campus libraries and satellite campuses.
• Train and supervise non-exempt staff and student employees including semester trainings and one-on-one student training.
• Play leadership role in planning and implementing the library’s college-wide information literacy initiative, to include: creating online information literacy tutorials and user guides; collaborating with faculty to integrate information literacy into the curriculum; providing information literacy instruction and library orientation sessions; providing multi-level reference assistance and offering subject-specific workshops and seminars.
• Create tools to assess information literacy learning outcomes and overall effectiveness of library services.
• Support Canvas classes and other distance learning modalities by providing online and telephone reference assistance.
• Develop web content for class, reference and general information assistance purposes.
• Develop marketing campaigns and activities to promote library resources and services.
• Provide leadership and assistance in identifying and achieving strategic goals and relating to public services and the Library and Learning Technology Division overall.
• Serve on relevant college committees and represent the Library and Learning Technology Division at internal and external meetings as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned: committee work; required participation in professional development activities, occasional week-end and/or evening work, travel, etc.
|Required Education||Master’s degree in a related field.|
|Required Experience||Three (3) years of professional experience related to the standard duties as outlined.|
|Classification Summary||Manages one or more aspects of a library program area such as; public, technical, or access services. Accountable for quality, innovation and creative use of available resources in support of operations.|
|Classification Standard Duties||Responsible for fund development through grant writing, annual appeals, planned giving, memorial programs, requests to municipalities, legislators and community service organizations. Directs and supervises the expenditure of library funds. Seeks to improve library services and collections in a fiscally responsible way. Pursues additional financial support for the library on a local, state and national level. Recommends, plans and implements library services and necessary changes in those services to keep current with needs and demands of the community. Evaluates the effectiveness of library services in relation to the needs of the community. Recommends and administers materials buying policies of the library. Prepares regular reports on current progress and future needs. Makes public appearances on behalf of the library; gives tours of the building when appropriate. Cooperates with other libraries to make effective use of funds and develop services. Takes responsibility for collection development and acquisitions, including weeding the collection. Administers various programs of the library. Makes selections of books for these programs. Keeps informed of academic and technological developments in the profession; attends professional meetings and conferences. Knows local, state and national laws that affect libraries and plays an active role in initiating and supporting beneficial library legislation. Attends meetings and workshops, local, county, state and national, necessary to the efficient, informed functioning of the library. All other duties as assigned.|
|Knowledge||Knowledge of emerging technologies and their application to libraries is essential. Knowledge of and experience with excellent customer service skills is vital. Comprehensive knowledge of public library operations, aims and services.|
|Skills||Good communication skills, creative thinking, and talent for organization.|
|Abilities||Ability to meet people easily, to motivate others, and to work effectively with library staff and boards.|
|Other Departmental Requirements|
|Standard Work Schedule||Standard (M-F, 8-5)|
|If not a Standard Work Schedule, please describe|
|Physical Work Location State||NM-New Mexico|
|Physical Work Location County, if in New Mexico||DA-Dona Ana|
|Work Site||DACC Espina|
|Contingent Upon Funding||Not Applicable|
|Bargaining Unit Eligible Posting Announcement Statement||This is NOT a bargaining unit position with American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME).|
|Anticipated Job Begin Date (optional)|
|Anticipated Job End Date, if applicable (optional)|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||The electronic application is the official document that will be used to qualify applicants. Paper/email documents will not be accepted. Required documents must be attached to this application.|
|Quicklink for Posting||http://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/31362|
|Environment||Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.|
|Physical Effort||No or very limited physical effort required.|
|Lifting Requirements||Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking.|
|Risk||No or very limited exposure to physical risk.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- If you became aware of this posting from another source, please describe?(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position? (Student and/or volunteer work does not count towards experience)
- Yes, I have a Masters degree plus 3 year of professional (post Bachelor degree) experience.
- Yes, I have a Doctorate degree plus 1 year of professional (post Bachelor degree) experience.
- No, I do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Undergraduate and Graduate Combined)
- Other Document