For more information and to apply, click here.
POSITION: Director of Library Resources
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $55,000
POSITION GRADE: PR B
DATE AVAILABLE: July 22, 2019
REPORTS TO: Executive VP for Educational Services
JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, plan, direct and oversee all activities of the library’s operation. Coordinate library materials and services to supplement the curriculum. Will serve as a confidential employee devoting a majority of time to assisting and acting in a confidential capacity as a person who formulates, determines and implements management policies.
- Maintain library collections of books, online databases, serial publications, documents, audio visual and other materials.
- Work cooperatively with faculty in collection development to meet needs of academic and vocational courses.
- Develop, implement and update policies and procedures for the operation of the library.
- Provide timely and accurate reference services to faculty, students, staff and community.
- Administer the Polaris integrated library system (for management of all library functions).
- Develop budget requests, monitor expenditures and bond funds utilizing the Banner financial system.
- Catalogue and classify all library materials into Polaris integrated library system.
- Maintain the library’s Facebook page and library website for accuracy and currency.
- Participate in statewide professional library groups, such as the NM Consortium of Academic Libraries and the NM Library Association.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate assigned staff and student employees. Conduct and maintain inventory of all assigned library items. Assess library services and facilities on a continuing basis.
- Weed, maintain and inventory of library collections for collection currency and auditor inventory purposes.
- Work with the public services librarian to develop library instruction assessment tools for each semester.
- Act as a liaison between the library and inside and outside vendors and providers. Serve on college committees when requested. Provide instruction and tours of library services.
- Collect statistics on library usage, services and requests for use by the College and State. Examine serials collection and expand holdings where necessary.
- Serve as sector warden for library area in cases of disaster/emergency.
Requires frequent sitting/moving about, continuous use of fine motor skills, and pushing/pulling up to 10 lbs.
Must be available to work 40 hrs. per week with normal work hours from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Some evening work may be required to provide reference and library instruction service to evening classes.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college and three (3) years professional library experience at least two of which have been in a supervisory capacity is preferred. Experience operating a library of similar size highly desirable. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from various backgrounds required. Effective verbal and written communication.
APPLICATIONS & REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Applications and all required supporting documentation must be submitted through CCC’s online application system. Information may be obtained at the Clovis Community College website at www.clovis.edu/jobs. You must submit a separate application each time you apply for a position with all required supporting documentation in order to be considered for employment. Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations should contact the ADA Coordinator at 769-4033.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
EEO STATEMENT: As an EEO employer, Clovis Community College will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, serious medical condition or status as a protected veteran or spousal affiliation.
Clovis Community College hires only U.S. citizens and individuals lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.