Development Bureau Chief (DCA #4801)
- Job Description
- Purpose of Position:
Why does the job exist?
This position will supervise the Library Consultants of the Development Bureau all of whom provide a leadership role to libraries in terms of summer reading programs, literacy, E-rate applications for reduced telecommunications services, broadband standards for libraries, technology, Integrated Library Systems (circulation and cataloging) and devices, and statistical data collection on libraries in New Mexico. This position also implements statutory requirements for distribution of monetary funds to Public and Tribal Libraries and travels the state on site visits to libraries to recommend improvements to New Mexico libraries operations. This position will manage multiple library national, state and local initiatives to benefit libraries in New Mexico and will publicize the work of the New Mexico library community and the Development Bureau via social and public media. This position will conduct public speaking and will interpret library best practices.
- How does it get done?
The incumbent will provide supervision and management of personnel, administer library programs and budget, and serve as liaison between public and tribal librarians and the New Mexico State Library. The incumbent will also make decisions, access the New Mexico libraries longitudinal data for constant improvement of library services in New Mexico.
Who are the customers?
Librarians and personnel working on behalf of public and tribal libraries statewide. Colleagues at the NM State Library and other Department of Cultural Affairs divisions.
The Ideal Candidate:
This position is a Pay Band 85.THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CONDUCT ONGOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
- Masters in Library Science or Information Science Degree
- Public library experience demonstrating progressive professional development
- Supervisory experience to include leadership and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Classification Description
- Administrative Operations Manager II
- Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years of professional level experience with a light strategic impact directly related to the purpose of the position defined by the agency at the time of recruitment. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling twelve (12) years may substitute for the required education and experience. A hiring agency will designate a portion of the required experience to include management, supervisory and/or specialized experience. Any required licensure, certification or registration shall be defined at the time of recruitment and will be in addition to the above requirements.
Employment is subject to a pre-employment background investigation and is conditional pending results. Must obtain and maintain a current and valid Driver’s License. Must obtain and maintain a current Defensive Driving Certificate from the state of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
- Supplemental Information
- Why You Should Join Our Team
You will receive great health and retirement benefits. We also provide generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work-life balance.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer and phone usage. Some sitting, standing, bending and reaching may be required. Overnight in state travel is regularly required.
Conditions of Employment:
Working Conditions for individual positions in this Manager Category Level will vary based on each agency’s utilization, essential functions, and the recruitment needs at the time a vacancy is posted. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Default FLSA Status:
Exempt. FLSA status may be determined to be different at the agency level based on the agency’s utilization of the position.
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining unit.
Agency Contact Information:
Joy Poole, (505) 476-9712, or email: Joy.Poole@state.nm.us
Link to Agency:
Applicant Help/How to Apply: