Are you ready for the celestial event of the century? In just over a year from now (August 21, 2017), the shadow of the moon will sweep across the United States from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean in a spectacle that hasn’t occurred in 99 years! The National Center for Interactive Learning (NCIL) at the Space Science Institute has recently been awarded a grant for its NASA@ My Library program. Partners include NASA, ALA, The Girl Scouts, SETI, and many other organizations. The STAR Library Education Network (STAR_Net) is managed by NCIL. The STAR_Net team wants to work with your library and thousands of others to participate in this national event. Some fortunate libraries will be able to experience a total solar eclipse though every library in the country will observe at least a partial eclipse.
So jump on the eclipse train! Please go to: http://www.starnetlibraries.org/2017-eclipse-registration to register your library. We will, in turn, let you know how to access the following valuable resources:
- Vetted Multimedia for Programming/Promotion (Images, Video, Animations, Artwork)
- Media Template Package (Press Release, PSA, Community Letter, Media Alert)
- Private Eclipse Forum (registered libraries)
- Inclusion in Special Eclipse Promotions (Social Media, Blogs, Newsletters, etc.)
- Enrollment in STAR_Net’sEclipse Newsletter
When your eclipse event is planned, you can share your press release, flyer, website link, or like material with STAR_Net to receive 50 free Solar Shades for your patrons to watch along with us! (shades are available on a first come, first serve basis).